As a service to our members
and guests, IAHQ provides this space for sharing of job
> Post a Job
CLINICAL PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT ANALYST
Cermak Health Services
2800 S California Ave
Cook County Health & Hospitals System
Link to job posting: https://cookcountyil.taleo.net/careersection/200/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=00120715
Reporting to the Director of Nursing, Cermak, the Clinical Performance Improvement Analyst is responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of the department’s performance improvement program for all patient care services offered to the detainee population at Cermak/Juvenile Temporary Detention Center. The Clinical Performance Analyst will make recommendations for implementing improvement procedures and protocols necessary to be in compliance with the Department of Justices and the National Commission on Correctional Health Care guidelines.
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois. (Must provide official license at time of interview)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN). (Must provide official transcripts at time of interview)
- Must have two (2) years’ experience with clinical quality assessment and performance is required.
- Knowledge of issues affecting the delivery of healthcare services is required.
- Must have work experience in a quality department or demonstrate the development of quality measures as a primary role is required. Working on a quality project will not be accepted in lieu of direct quality experience.
- Duties may involve travel between facilities/divisions; employee must possess a valid driver’s license and insured vehicle is required.
- Healthcare Quality Management certification is preferred.
- 5 years of nursing experience with at least three years of this experience in Corrections is preferred.
- Develop the indicators of performance and conduct audits reporting results to the Director of Nursing and Cermak management.
- Conducts audits by visual inspection and by collection and analysis of data to determine compliance with regulatory, accrediting and clinical practice standards and reports on trends indicative of the quality of services rendered.
- Recommends methodologies, actions, and/or modifications to provide structural clinical and system process for improvement.
- Develops audit tools and establishes measure of performance.
- Responsible for the review and development of recurring reports and practices to promote continuous quality improvement.
- Develops methods and tools to be utilized by staff for monitoring quality and appropriateness of patient care on an ongoing basis.
- Assist the Master Educator, develops, plans, presents and/or participates in educational programs relating to the nursing performance improvement program.
- Integrate audit finding into training necessary to overcome performance deficiencies.
- Works with Information Technology Department to develop process that enables the creation of reports from the current electronic medical record system.
- Other duties as assigned.
ABOUT COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM
As one of the largest public health systems in the country, the Cook County Health and Hospitals System (CCHHS) cares for more than 300,000 individuals resulting in over 1 million patient visits each year. Our mission to care for all, regardless of their ability to pay, dates back to 1835. In that time, we have cared for millions of patients and trained thousands of doctors, nurses and health professionals.
QR code and link will take you to the CCHHS Career Page to see current listings.